Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The French Country Wedding and.... African Drumming?!?

Hello my blog friends.  It has been a while since I last wrote.  My wedding season has kicked in and then add some photo shoots and life in general and I have been a busy girl.  I have enjoyed being super creative lately.  In addition to everything above I have been painting too.  Goodness but it is good to find me after all the heartache of the last year and a half.  I am discovering parts of myself that got left behind years ago.  I am amazed at how I slowly changed over the years of my marriage, and not really for the better.  I wasn't asked to change, it just sort of happened.  I stopped nurturing my dreams and inner creative voice.  I stopped living fully.  I lost myself in the marriage and lived through my husband more that through and for me.  Definitely not a healthy way to be and not good for my marriage!!!!  Well, I am happy to say that is no longer true!  In the last 6 months or so I am truly expanding into my own sense of self...   of who I am and what I love.  I am remembering activities that I used to love and discovering new ones.   I remembered that I adored painting and I am making sure that I paint regularly now.  I am careful not to allow the days weeks to just waist away.  I try to live fully...  right now... this very minute...  creating often, trying new things and just having fun!  I forgot how much I love music.  I had let that part of me go too.   Now I have the stereo on all the time and am dancing through the house.  I also really got crazy and started drumming!  I have always loved the sound of African drums since I was a little girl, they stir something deep inside of me.  I found an amazing group of dancers and drummers that have been a part of Santa Barbara for years.  They are called Panzumo and every year they are a huge part of our local Summer Solstice parade.  Well, yours truly will be one of the drummers in the parade banging away on my Djembe African drum.  I cannot tell you the thrill I feel hearing the sound of 20 or so drummers all on the same rhythm giving it their all as the dancers get lost in the beat.  I could go for hours and not get tired.  I think it is part of our genetic code and triggers ancient memories.    It is incredible!  Well, anyway suffice it to say that I am having a blast living my life.  It is GOOD!

So today I will show you all the pictures of the French Country Wedding shoot that was recently published in French Country Magazine.  The photographer is my friend Shirlie Kemp who is truly a gifted photographer and artist.  It was a pleasure to work with her and her daughter Harley Moon and her friend Haley.  All of them are superb photographers and such fun!  I blogged about this shoot earlier here but now I can show you the rest of the pictures.  There are tons so get ready!  It was all shot in the Avocado orchard right next to my house.  The models if you can believe it are all my neighbors that live on the ranch (except for the flower girl who is a friend of my BFF and lives in Santa Barbara).  Almost all the props are from my Vintage Vignettes prop business.  The table, chairs and some of the dishes are from Town and Country, a great party rental company!  The flowers were generously donated by my wholesale flower company called Florabundance.  They are absolutely lovely and make my weddings and shoots so beautiful!  So many beautiful goodies...  Enjoy!



The check in area where the guests would get their table assignments was set up like a French Laundry with old galvanized containers stuffed with flowers and vintage whites hanging in the trees.


Below is the "guest card table" where they got their seat assignments.


Their names were attached to French milled soaps set in a bed of lavender.




Above, vintage lace table cloths.

French toil quilts in a vintage laundry bin.  Great to have available so the guests can spread them out on the ground for late night cozy visiting.







Our little French ring bearers.





Can you believe all these beautiful people are my neighbors!!!???  This is truly a magical ranch!



Above is the ring bearer's bucket.  So much more masculine that I pillow I think.

Above, The bouquet had Scabiosa pods, garden Roses, Wax Flower, and Thistle.

The bridesmaid's bouquet was a bundle of blue Muscari surrounded by grass that was blunt cut.





Below is the appitizer table with French baguettes, cheese and fruit, and iced lemonade-tea.  After the shoot we scarfed it all down  : )



All these pieces are my props from Vintage Vignettes.  









Above, In addition to the soaps that the guest's names were tied to, the party favors were small bottles of Olive Oil.  The label said in French "Cook with Love".



The table was set in one of the rows in the orchard.



The chairs, linens, silver ware, the white plates and all the glass ware were from Town and Country, an absolutely wonderful party rental company!




The benches and sofas are mine from Vintage Vignettes.  The red toil dishes are also mine.










The napkins were dish towels wrapped with yarn and a sprig of Lavender.









Well thank you for sticking through all the way to the end... that was a lot of pictures!!!
I will be back before too long with several shots of recent weddings.
Blessings to everyone!!!
Tricia





























































25 comments:

  1. To say that I am blown away is an understatement!! Tricia you never cease to amaze me! This wedding, the flowers, Muscari? I have never heard of it but I love it! The little boys in their hats, the food, oh Tricia you made that couple so happy, I just know it! Please tell me you;re still considering a book! I am so proud of you and your accomplishments. You are truly a creative spirit. Hope to see this summer. xoxoox-cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sitting here clapping my hands! Wow, I am so incredibly happy for you...how I wish we were neighbours. Everything you have said resonates so much with me, even down to the drumming! I want to send you a CD that I use for yoga - it's a beautiful Shamanic Drumming CD which I use in my yoga classes, but also on my walks, as a walking meditation. It takes me into a deep state of relaxation, and I completely understand what you mean about being part of our genetic code - it's like remembering a part of yourself that has existed forever. (Email me your address if you would like me to send you the CD) This wedding is simply gorgeous, and your neighbours are beautiful...what a fun day! Take care dear Tricia, I am so happy that you are flowing in your life. Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo shoot. Beautiful! Just thinking about that yummy bread and cheese has made me hungry.

    So glad that you're discovery more of yourself again and really looking forward to seeing where it takes you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tricia...what a great post...I am so happy for you...Time can do a lot healing as well as opening up life to you...It feels good doesn't it!! You are on top of the world..Your creativity is flowing out of you...Your weddings are just so amazing as well as your home decor....I have two of those ring bearer buckets & I love them...What a great idea to use them that way...
    Enjoy everything life has to give you...You certainly deserve it..
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Amazing and Inspirational! And I'm Delighted to hear that Life is now playing out so Fully and that you have found Contentment and your Path to Purpose, increased Creativity and what makes your Spirit Sing!

    Hugs and Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, a great big HOORAY! for you, dear Tricia, for re-discovering your SELF. I so know where you are coming from...
    Amen for drumming! One of my dreams! Enjoy, enjoy, so happy for you!

    Now to your incredible work of art...woweee...I do not think there are words to describe how gorgeous and magical this is....is wowee a word?? LOL! :)
    Stunning, breathtaking, brilliant!! BRAVA!!!
    And I have those lovely pink glasses (Anthropologie), where oh where can I buy the etched clear glassware, so beautiful.
    Love all of the Rumi quotes, reading him always brings tears to my eyes...
    Blessings and light,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED IT ALL!!! You are lucky to be at that Ranch!!! MAGIC happens there & you are a HUGE part of making it happen. Speaking of the ranch... I'd love to see you while I'm out there. We need a "private" email so we can set up some time to see each other. Larry, Elle & I are coming out for vacation. Cindy was there a couple of weeks ago & won't be with me this time. But, I'd still love to see you!!!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great to see the images again and a reminder of a lovely day spent with you Tricia! you put so much effort and joy into all of your creations and it really shows your talent and which by the way is still rocketing sky high I believe ! Much love and big hug and can't wait to create with you again! Shirlie x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tricia :D, what are YOU painting ? lol....still those beautiful Shiloh inspirations? I never got started. But I'm glad I looked you up and came here. Love that you are creating to a more fuller you....we all need to do this imho.
    Also African Drumming! Yes I too was a drummer and that was soooo much fun I knew I'd always want to drum for the rest of my life. It hasn't worked out that way, but if I were smart I would stop the world and get back into it...it is one of the best medicine's on this planet! love, lady

    ReplyDelete
  11. Honestly these pictures are very nice. and its nice to know you found the peace in your mind.

    -Manu fernando
    http://love-tenderly.blogspot.com/2013/06/do-you-feel-true-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow!
    Tricia
    I'm so happy you are rediscovering yourself!
    what a beautiful journey you seem to be on...and drumming! that is just awesome!!!

    your wedding photo shoot is ....like something from a dream, you are truly talented!!

    I hope you continue onward and upward my friend!

    marfi

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOLY CATS! That was AMAZING. So are you! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dearest Tricia
    I was thinking strongly of you this evening and had to search until I found you again.
    I am so glad your are living your own dream now.
    You really meant it when you said there was tons of photos for this very lovely wedding post.
    I wasn't able to participate in Vanessa Valencia's 'A Fanciful Twist' Mad Tea Party this year as my computer crashed, but I remember you coming to 'visit' my blog when I did participate in the Mad Tea Party in 2011. Time flies!
    And your creations are as glorious as ever. You are one, very talented lady.
    When my inner light says to contact someone, even when I don't know what is happening in their lives at the moment, I try to 'act' on that nudge from my muse.
    So, here I am!
    Just to say hello! And blessings to you. I am a cat lover so I appreciate what you are doing for the felines.
    XO
    Teresa in Central California
    http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! I grew up with that natural 'pull' to want to play the drums too. In fact, I asked my parents to buy me some bongo drums...but sadly they never did! D A R N!!!
    But I am so happy you are getting to live that dream! I totally believe we have that inborn desire for that beat of nature or whatever we want to call it.
    I am Scots-Irish and English, and music is in my bones, and if I remember right, the Celts loved the drums. Another thing I feel is inborn, is reading and writing of enchanted novels.
    Cheers!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes your are wright and thanks for post a good topic . your post is

    top most in related post of The magical experience of event design and creative living.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just came here via Marcheline. What a fantastic, amazing, (and all similar words) setting you created. I bet the guests thought it the most imaginative wedding they'd ever been to. And the little girl with her posy is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S. I hope you get the time to tell us about some of your more recent events if you ever have a quiet spell.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Tricia..Haven't seen you lately...Hope all is well...Wanted to wish you Happy Holidays...May they be filled with peace, health & happiness...

    XO Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice picture collection, the flowers are awesome.
    Clipping Path

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good Morning,
    I am just a follower on your blog and wanted to let you know you are missed. I hope everything is so great that you haven't had time. Your work and words are beautiful.
    Well wishes,
    JoeyLea

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so happy to see that you've posted again. I had noticed you pinning again on Pinterest, so I figured it would only be a matter of weeks before you put something new here. I don't know you, but I know I'd love to hang out with you if I didn't live so far south of Santa Barbara! You're creative, intuitive, and inspiring. Having gone through a divorce myself, and deep lows in my second marriage, I know how tough it can be. I don't know why we do lose ourselves and let much loved aspects of our lives fade into the shadows as we try to navigate relationships. Society doesn't expect this of men. Love, love, love the newer photos, and glad to see that you're doing the things that you love again. Thanks for being one of the women who makes her living creating beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Superbe post! Touche française parfaite!bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do Hope you've just been too Fabulously Busy to Post... cannot wait to see what you've begun in the New Year my Friend?! You've been Missed here in the Land of Blog...

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  25. Incredibly inspired by planning work in this country wedding!! I will also be having country wedding at most beautiful venues and I got wonderful ideas from this elegant wedding ceremony. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete